Our approach to postural analysis helps you to quickly improve your client’s efficiency of movement.
Postural analysis is never a diagnosis, but it gives a clearer understanding for program design or treatments that best match the needs of the client. We will teach you to accurately identify areas of strength or weakness and how to design an individualised movement program.
Our tensegrity approach is not locked in any protocol and there are no ‘anatomy stories’ or school dogma. Instead Animātum provides a fresh approach that will enable you to see the real picture.
Workshop aims. We will explore:
- The effects of compression – learn to see how gravity and ground reaction forces are coupled through the skeletal and soft tissue systems.
- The effects of tension – what is the soft tissue balance? More importantly what has changed in the soft tissues’ ability for movement? Can the tissues transfer force effectively and efficiently?
- The effects of weakness in the tissues – as a tensegrity system the body requires enough inherent stiffness or tone within the soft tissues as well as the bones. What happens when we lose that tone and how can we get it back?
The workshop is designed to:
- Train your eye to see functional relationships within the body.
- Help you understand the effects of each client’s pattern.
- Enable you to build functionally cohesive programs for each client.
- Develop programs with a clear beginning and logical progression.
Intended Outcomes. Learn to:
- Apply a non-judgemental descriptive language.
- Identify the difference between compression and tension-based postural patterns.
- Design programs to address a range of functional issues.
- Accurately match your interventions to the client’s needs.
Method of Assessment:
- Continuous practical assessment throughout the workshop.